Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: The Best of the Rest

2010 was filled with more twists and turns, highs and lows, smiles and tears, endings and beginnings, and hellos and goodbyes than any other year of my life. These was the most incredible 365 consecutive days I have ever experienced.

They weren't all happy. In fact, some were downright unbearable. But they were all incredible.

And the mind boggling thing is that this is only the beginning. In a year filled with so much change, it is sometimes hard to comprehend that the majority of that change, the nine months we spent living in Falls Church, VA, was only a precursor to the lifetime of change ahead of us.

I've been blogging off and on since February, but as I look through a year's worth of photographs, I realize that I only scratched the surface. I would like to end 2010 with a few of my favorite memories (in no particular order, but mainly chronological) that, for one reason or another, never made it into this blog.


Tequila! with Brad and Tristan;
Winter Park boat tour with Nisrine and Maya
Saying goodbye to Alfie and Sylvio

Lunch with Minnie and Ryan;
1st EVER Dumbo ride;
Meeting the cast of my fave Disney flick

Last night out in Orlando and TJ makes a new friend;
TJ hamming it up right before getting assigned to Guadalajara;
Yann and Charles drop in from Fance

Patrick comes for a visit gets mugged, er, hugged on the Metro
Meeting the Peanuts Gang at Kings Dominion;
Turning 30 in a new city

Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Kris and Troy;
Universal's Rising Star with Craig, Dan, Marciano, and Kristyn


One last visit with my parents before starting my new life abroad;
TJ posing at the Consulate Posada seconds before a pinata stick almost clocked me in the head;
The pets arrive safely in Mexico


What a crazy year it's been! But well worth all of the headaches that come with any life transition.

I hope that the New Year finds all of you healthy, happy, and living the life that you've always dreamed of.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what else to say except that these pictures made me miss you guys A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! I hope you two have a great 2011 and that we get to see each other soon! Ryan

    ReplyDelete